Rules & Regulations of the State of Tennessee
0310 - Claims Commission
0310-01-02 - Electronic Filing
0310-01-02-.02 - DEFINITIONS
(1) "Claims Commission" or "Commission" means the Tennessee Claims Commission created pursuant to T.C.A. § 9-8-301.
(2) "Clerk" means the clerk of the Claims Commission.
(3) "Document" means a complaint, motion, request, exhibit, brief, memorandum of law, or other instrument in paper form or electronic form that is permitted to be filed in the Claims Commission.
(4) "E-file" or "E-filing" means the electronic transmission of a Document in a claim pending in the Claims Commission, using the E-filing System maintained by the Clerk.
(5) "E-filer" means a Registered User who submits a Document for E-filing through the E-filing System.
(6) "E-filing System" means a web-based system maintained by the Clerk for the purpose of providing a means for E-filers to transmit a Document to the Clerk for filing.
(7) "Electronic Signature" means a signature line beginning with an "s/" followed by the typewritten name of the signatory.
(8) "E-service" means the electronic transmission of an e-filed Document to a party or a party's attorney through the E-filing System.
(9) "Portable Document Format" or "PDF" means the computer file format developed by Adobe Systems Incorporated for representing documents in a manner that is independent of the original application software, hardware, and operating system used to create those documents.
(10) "Registered User" means any person listed in Rule 0310-01-02-.04 who has properly registered with the Clerk to E-file a Document in the Claims Commission.
(11) "Terms-of-Use Agreement" means that agreement established by the Clerk that sets forth the parameters for use of the E-filing System by all Registered Users.
(12) "Transaction Receipt" means an e-mail confirmation that is transmitted to an E-filer after an E-filer has submitted a Document to the Clerk to be filed through the E-filing System. The Transaction Receipt displays the date and time the Document was submitted by the E-filer. The Transaction Receipt may serve as the E-filer's proof of filing.
(13) "TRCP" means the Tennessee Rules of Civil Procedure.
(14) "User Guide" means the Claims Commission's written guide for using the E-filing System, which shall be posted as a PDF document on the Claims Commission's website (https://treasury.tn.gov/Explore-Your-TN-Treasury/About-the-Treasury/Claims-Commission). All E-filers should periodically check the Claims Commission's website for updates to the User Guide.
Authority: T.C.A. § 9-8-306. Administrative History: Original rules filed May 10, 2019; effective August 8, 2019.