Code of Maine Rules
65 - DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION
625 - EMERGENCY SERVICES COMMUNICATIONS BUREAU
Chapter 2 - REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ENHANCED 9-1-1 SYSTEM SERVICE PROVIDER AND LOCAL EXCHANGE CARRIERS
- Section 625-2-1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS AND DEFINITIONS
- Section 625-2-2 - GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR LECs
- Section 625-2-3 - CENTRAL OFFICE REQUIREMENTS
- Section 625-2-4 - NETWORK TRUNKING AND CONNECTIVITY REQUIREMENTS
- Section 625-2-5 - ENSURING SYSTEM RELIABILITY
- Section 625-2-6 - ALI DATABASE REQUIREMENTS
- Section 625-2-7 - LEC DATABASE PROVIDER REIMBURSEMENT
- Section 625-2-8 - WAIVER OR EXEMPTION
- Section 625-2-9 - WAIVER OR EXEMPTION
SUMMARY: This Chapter establishes requirements for the Enhanced 9-1-1 System Service Provider and Local Exchange Carriers pursuant to 25 M.R.S. §2933. The Chapter includes requirements for network design, connectivity, database provisioning, outage notification procedures and financial reimbursements for LECs.
EFFECTIVE DATE: The rule was approved as to form and legality by the Attorney General on September 6, 2007. It was filed with the Secretary of State on September 10, 2007 (filing 2007-389) and became effective on September 15, 2007.
EFFECTIVE DATE: This rule was approved as to the form and legality by the Attorney General on August 7, 2017. It was filed with the Secretary of State on 8/8/2017filing 2017- 122 and became effective on August 13, 2017.
STATUTORY AUTHORITY: 25 M.R.S. §§2926 , 2927 , 2933 ; 35-A M.R.S. §§103(2)(D) , 111