Code of Maine Rules
65 - DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION
625 - EMERGENCY SERVICES COMMUNICATIONS BUREAU
Chapter 11 - PBX/MULTILINE TELEPHONE SYSTEM (MLTS) REQUIREMENTS
- Section 625-11-1 - Applicability
- Section 625-11-2 - Definitions
- Section 625-11-3 - Shared Residential Multiline Telephone System Service
- Section 625-11-4 - Business Multiline Telephone System
- Section 625-11-5 - Hotel/Motel Multiline Telephone System
- Section 625-11-6 - ALI Database Maintenance
- Section 625-11-7 - Industry Standards
- Section 625-11-8 - Dialing Instructions
- Section 625-11-9 - MLTS Signaling
- Section 625-11-10 - Alternative Methods of Notification, Communication, and Emergency Response
- Section 625-11-11 - Application for Private Emergency Answering Point
- Section 625-11-12 - Private Emergency Answering Point
- Section 625-11-13 - Exemptions
- Section 625-11-14 - Application for Local Units of Government
- Section 625-11-15 - Waivers
SUMMARY: The Rule establishes the requirements to allow timely emergency response in facilities with multiline telephone systems.
BASIS STATEMENT: The factual and policy basis for this rule is set forth in the Commission's Order Adopting Final Rule, Docket No. 2005-86, issued on 06/21/05; Order Provisionally Adopting Rule, Docket No. 2005-86, issued on April 25, 2005; Copies of the Statement and Order have been filed with this rule at the Office of the Secretary of State. Copies may also be obtained from the Administrative Director, Public Utilities Commission, 242 State Street, 18 State House Station, Augusta, Maine 04333-0018.
EFFECTIVE DATE: This rule was approved as to form and legality by the Attorney General on June 24, 2005. It was filed with the Secretary of State (filing 2005-253) on June 27, 2005 and will be effective on July 27, 2005.
AUTHORITY: 25 M.R.S.A. §2934