Wisconsin Administrative Code
(TCS) - Technical College System Board
TCS 9 - District Reporting Of Students Participating In Compulsory School Attendance, Attendance At Technical College And Technical Preparation Programs
TCS 9.03 - Reporting of students
§ TCS 9.03. Reporting of students
(1) Annually, by August 15, technical college districts shall compile a report for the board containing the data elements of sub. (2) to report participation in technical college courses or programs for the following students:
(a) Students attending a technical college of the district under compulsory school attendance.
(b) Students attending a technical college of the district under the youth options program.
Note: Wisconsin Act 59 (2017) moved the Youth Options Program from s. 118.55(7r), Stats., to 38.12(14), Stats., and changed the name to Attendance at Technical College.
1. Students who have completed a secondary course, authorized through an articulation agreement, for which advanced standing has been granted by a technical college district under the technical preparation program.
2. Students who have completed a postsecondary course for which transcripted credit has been granted by the technical college and the school district under the technical preparation program.
(2) The report under sub. (1) shall include the following information regarding students and courses completed for the previous school year.
(a) The student's social security number or other unique identifiable number.
(b) The student's name.
(c) The student's birth date.
(d) The student's school district of enrollment.
(e) The student's school district of residence.
(f) The student's highest secondary school grade completed.
(g) If applicable, the student's year of high school graduation.
(h) If the student participated in a program under s. TCS 9.03(1) (a) or (b), the technical college district course or courses the student completed. The course or courses listed under this paragraph shall include the course number and title.
(i) If the pupil participated in a program under s. TCS 9.03(1) (c), the secondary course or courses the pupil completed for which advanced standing or transcripted credit was received. The course or courses listed under this paragraph shall include the course number and title as specified under the articulation agreement between the technical college and the school district.
(j) If a student received postsecondary credits for a course or courses under pars. (h) and (i), the number of postsecondary credits awarded.
(3) Personally identifiable information collected under sub. (2) shall be used solely for determining student participation in technical college courses or programs under ss. 38.12(14), 118.15(1) (b), (cm) and (d), and 118.34, Stats., including those courses taken for advanced standing in a technical college district's associate degree or vocational diploma program and for postsecondary credit.(Cr. Register, September, 1995, No. 477, eff. 10-1-95; am. (1), r. and recr. (3), Register, April, 1999, No. 520, eff. 5-1-99. Amended by, correction in (1) (b) (Note), (3) made under s. 13.92(4) (b) 7., Stats., Register October 2018 No. 754, eff. 11/1/2018)
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), 20 USC 1232g and 34 CFR Part 99 (1993). Under 34 CFR 99.31(a) (3)(iii), educational institutions may release student data containing personally identifiable information to state and local educational authorities where the personally identifiable information is protected while in use and destroyed when no longer needed for the purposes for which disclosure is made.