Wisconsin Administrative Code
Technical College System Board
Chapter TCS 7 - District Budget, Audit And Finance
Section TCS 7.07 - Capital expenditure projects under s. 38.15, Stats
Current through February 27, 2023
In determining whether capital expenditures for the acquisition of sites, purchase or construction of buildings or the lease/purchase of buildings exceeds $1,500,000, the following shall apply:
(1) All fixed equipment purchased by a district for installation in or on a site or building acquired by a district by purchase or lease/purchase, or within 2 years of the purchase or lease/purchase, shall be considered part of the capital expenditure project under s. 38.15, Stats.
(2) All moveable and minor equipment shall be excluded in determining the amount of the capital expenditure project under s. 38.15, Stats.
(3) In determining whether the lease/purchase of an existing building or the lease/purchase of a site is subject to the limitations under s. 38.15(1), Stats., the district shall compute the lease/purchase costs for the term of the lease, discounted to the amount that would have been paid at the commencement of the lease if the building or site was purchased outright.
(4) All district expenditures or proposed expenditures for repair projects under s. TCS 7.06(3) (c) or remodeling and improvement projects under s. TCS 7.06(4) (c) shall be considered part of a capital expenditure project under s. 38.15, Stats.
(5) All capital expenditures on a single campus site which are bid concurrently or which are approved by the board under s. 38.04(10), Stats., within 2 years shall be considered one capital expenditure project.
(6) The board shall designate what constitutes each single campus site.
Cr. Register, September, 1983, No. 333, eff. 10-1-83; am. (4), Register, September, 1985, No. 357, eff. 10-1-85; corrections in (4) made under s. 13.93(2m) (b) 7, Stats., Register, June, 1994, No. 462.
Amended by, 2015 Wis. Act 329: am. (intro.), (6) Register April 2016 No. 724, eff.5/1/2016