Wisconsin Administrative Code
Technical College System Board
Chapter TCS 12 - Wisconsin environmental policy act procedures
Section TCS 12.01 - Purpose
Current through February 27, 2023
The purpose of this chapter is to:
(1) Establish procedures for board consideration of short-term and long-term environmental and economic effects of board actions upon the human environment.
(2) Establish definitions and criteria to be used by the board for the implementation of s. 1.11, Stats. Implementation includes the evaluation of proposed actions; the study, development and description of alternatives where proposed actions involve unresolved conflicts in the use of available resources; and the preparation and review of environmental impact statements (EIS's).
(3) Provide guidance to districts seeking permission to proceed with a proposed action, determine the applicable procedure affecting the board's review of a proposal, and establish a mechanism for early review of an applicant's proposal to determine the need for an EIS.
(4) Identify major actions significantly affecting the quality of human environment and the need for an EIS.
(5) Provide an opportunity for public input in the decision-making process.
Cr. Register, April, 1987, No. 376, eff. 5-1-87.