Wisconsin Administrative Code
Cosmetology Examining Board
Chapter Cos 5 - Courses Of Instruction
Section Cos 5.001 - Instruction
Current through May 31, 2022
An applicant for licensure as a cosmetologist, aesthetician, electrologist, or manicurist may receive instruction in a school of cosmetology licensed under s. 440.62(3) (ar), Stats., exempted under s. 440.61, Stats., or accredited by any of the following:
(1) National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences (NACCAS).
(2) Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
(3) Council on Occupational Education (COE).
(4) National Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology (NIC).
(5) Any other accrediting agency relating to cosmetology that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Adopted by, CR 15-020: cr. Register July 2015 No. 715, eff.8/1/2015.
Amended by, CR 18-002: am. (intro.) Register April 2018 No. 748, eff. 5/1/2018