Washington Administrative Code
Title 72 - Blind, Washington State School for the
Chapter 72-276 - Public records
72-276-050 - Public records available
72-276-050. Public records available
(1) Hours for inspection of records.Public records are available for inspection and copying during normal business hours of the school, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding legal holidays and holidays established by the school calendar. Records must be inspected at the offices of the school.
(2) Records index. An index of public records is available for use by members of the public consisting of the records retention schedule according to record series title, manuals and policy statements by one or more of the following classifications: Administration, statewide (outreach) services, academic and residential life.
(3) Organization of records. The school will maintain its records in a reasonably organized manner. The school will take reasonable actions to protect records from damage and disorganization. A requestor shall not take records from school offices without the permission of the public records officer or designee.
(4) Making a request for public records.
(a) Any person wishing to inspect or copy public records of the school should make the request in writing on the school's public records request form, or by letter, fax, or email addressed to the public records officer and including the following information:
* Name of requestor;
* Address of requestor;
* Other contact information, including telephone number and any e-mail address;
* Identification of the public records adequate for the public records officer or designee to locate the records;
* The date and time of day of the request; and
* A verification that the records requested shall not be used for commercial purposes.
(b) If the requestor wishes to have copies of the records made instead of simply inspecting them, he or she should so indicate and make arrangements to pay for copies of the records or a deposit. Pursuant to WAC 72-276-090, standard photocopies will be provided at fifteen cents per page.
(c) A form is available for use by requestors at the office of the public records officer or online at the school's web site.
(d) The public records officer or designee may accept requests for public records that contain the above information by telephone or in person. If the public records officer or des-ignee accepts such a request, he or she will confirm receipt of the information and the substance of the request in writing.(Amended by WSR 16-13-067, Filed 6/13/2016, effective 7/14/2016)
Statutory Authority: RCW 72.40.022 and 42.17.250. 90-16-009, § 72-276-050, filed 7/19/90, effective 8/19/90.