Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
Chapter 434-840 - Address confidentiality program
Section 434-840-040 - Certification withdrawal, invalidation, expiration, and termination
Current through Register Vol. 22-12, June 15, 2022
(1) A program participant or applicant may withdraw from program participation by submitting to the address confidentiality program: Written notification of withdrawal and the names of any minor children who are being withdrawn and their current authorization card(s).
(2) The program participant or applicant may include an effective date on which the participant or applicant would like the withdrawal to be effective. In absence of a specific date, certification shall be terminated on the date of receipt of this notification. If the program participant requests cancellation but does not return their current authorization card and/or does not submit written notification of the request, the secretary of state may, at his/her discretion, cancel program participation based solely on the verbal request.
(3) It is the responsibility of the program participant to notify all persons of a new mailing address at which the participant can be contacted.
(4) The program participant may request continued mail forwarding up to thirty days immediately following the date on which withdrawal is effective and may provide an address on record. The secretary of state may only forward mail to addresses within the United States.
(5) Mail received at the designated address for the participant other than mail designated as "Do Not Forward," "Return Service Requested," "Service of Process" or similarly designated, must be forwarded to the program participant for thirty days after the effective date of withdrawal unless the participant or applicant has designated a shorter period. After thirty days mail must be returned to sender.
(6) A program participant whose certification is withdrawn may reapply or have an application assistant reapply on the program participant's behalf.
Amended by WSR 19-12-002, Filed 5/22/2019, effective 6/22/2019
Statutory Authority: RCW 40.24.090. 05-13-059, § 434-840-040, filed 6/9/05, effective 7/10/05; 98-19-063, § 434-840-040, filed 9/16/98, effective 10/17/98. Statutory Authority: 1991 c 23. 91-20-074, § 434-840-040, filed 9/26/91, effective 10/27/91.