Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
Chapter 434-840 - Address confidentiality program
Section 434-840-030 - Certification renewal
Current through Register Vol. 23-18, September 15, 2023
(1) At least 30 days prior to the expiration of a certification, the secretary of state will inform a program participant, of the option of renewing certification in the program by sending a renewal form to the participant's mailing address. The notice will provide instructions on actions the participant must take upon expiration of certification, if the participant chooses to leave the program. These include notifying senders of the former participant's actual address and notifying that the substitute address is no longer valid for the former participant. Ten days prior to expiration of certification, the secretary of state will mail a second notice to the participant unless the participant has responded with a renewal or communication indicating intent to withdraw from the program.
(2) Information about voter registration should be provided to the participant as part of the notification process.
(3) A program participant may renew her or his program certification by filing with the address confidentiality program by first class mail, a properly completed renewal application.
(4) If the completed renewal does not meet the requirements of this part, the secretary of state will contact the participant to obtain the missing information.
(5) For a program participant who has properly filed a completed renewal application, the address confidentiality program shall:
(6) A properly completed renewal application, postmarked on or before the expiration date, is effective on the day it is reviewed and certified by the secretary of state.
Amended by WSR 19-12-002, Filed 5/22/2019, effective 6/22/2019
Amended by WSR 22-04-086, Filed 1/31/2022, effective 3/3/2022
Statutory Authority: RCW 40.24.090. 05-13-059, § 434-840-030, filed 6/9/05, effective 7/10/05; 98-19-063, § 434-840-030, filed 9/16/98, effective 10/17/98. Statutory Authority: 1991 c 23. 91-20-074, § 434-840-030, filed 9/26/91, effective 10/27/91.