Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
Chapter 434-840 - Address confidentiality program
Section 434-840-027 - Updating participant information
Current through Register Vol. 22-12, June 15, 2022
(1) Participants and applicants shall send signed, written notification of any change in mailing or actual address, telephone number, legal name, or permanent contact data to the secretary of state.
(2) In order to add minor children to the residence of a program participant, the participant must send a signed written notification to the secretary of state. The notification must clearly state the relationship to the participant, the child's date of birth, and that the participant is responsible for the minor children. The secretary of state must certify the minor children as participants and issue program authorization cards to each minor child.
(3) If a participant changes their legal name, they must send a signed written notification to the secretary of state accompanied by a copy of the court order or other formal document indicating the legal name change. At the same time the participant must return their authorization card or a signed statement documenting the loss of the authorization card. The secretary of state shall verify the change, by signature comparison, and send a new authorization card with the participant's new legal name within two business days of receiving the notice.
(4) Prior to making any change in participant information, the secretary of state must compare the signature on the original application, or other documents on file, and conclude that the signatures are the same.
(5) On or before the effective date of a change in identity, a program participant must withdraw from the program. The participant may apply for recertification in the address confidentiality program under their new identity.
Adopted by WSR 19-12-002, Filed 5/22/2019, effective 6/22/2019