Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
Chapter 434-324 - Statewide voter registration database
Section 434-324-1065 - Felony screening process- Mailing to potential matches
Current through Register Vol. 22-12, June 15, 2022
(1) The secretary must mail a notification letter to each registered voter identified through the process set forth in WAC 434-324-106.
(2) The notification letter must contain language informing the person:
(3) The notification letter must be sent to the person's last known registration mailing address and to the person's address on file with the department of corrections indicating that their voter registration is about to be canceled.
(4) The notification letter must contain language informing the person that for a felony conviction in a Washington state court, the right to vote is restored as long as the person is not serving a sentence of total confinement under the jurisdiction of the department of corrections. For a felony conviction in another state or federal court, the right to vote is restored as long as the person is no longer incarcerated;
(5) The secretary must send to each auditor the voter registration status information for each matched person registered to vote in that county who has been identified as pending cancellation by this section.
Adopted by WSR 20-13-043, Filed 6/10/2020, effective 7/11/2020
Amended by WSR 21-24-052, Filed 11/24/2021, effective 12/25/2021