Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
Chapter 434-262 - Canvassing and certification
Section 434-262-070 - Official county canvass report
Current through Register Vol. 22-12, June 15, 2022
(1) Upon completion of the verification of the auditor's abstract of votes and the documentation of any corrective action taken, the county canvassing board shall sign a certification that:
(2) The official county canvass report shall include:
(3) The certification shall be signed by all members of the county canvassing board or their designees.
(4) The official county canvass report for every primary and election must be submitted to the secretary of state on the day the election was certified.
(5) The county auditor must prepare a reconciliation report for every primary and election as required by RCW 29A.60.235 and state rule, and submit the complete report as directed by the secretary of state. The secretary of state shall review the reconciliation for each county and work with the county auditor to resolve discrepancies. If a discrepancy is resolved, the county auditor shall submit a correct reconciliation report to the secretary of state seven days following the certification of the election. The corrected report then becomes the official reconciliation report for that election. The county auditor shall post the corrected report on the county auditor website.
Amended by WSR 14-06-040, filed 2/26/14, effective 3/29/2014
Amended by WSR 16-13-063, Filed 6/13/2016, effective 7/14/2016
Amended by WSR 20-14-035, Filed 6/24/2020, effective 7/25/2020
Amended by WSR 21-21-001, Filed 10/6/2021, effective 11/6/2021
Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611. 12-14-074, § 434-262-070, filed 7/2/12, effective 8/2/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611, 29A.04.620, and 29A.04.630. 11-24-064, § 434-262-070, filed 12/6/11, effective 1/6/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.610. 04-15-089, § 434-262-070, filed 7/16/04, effective 8/16/04. Statutory Authority: RCW 29.04.080, 29.04.210, 29.36.150 and 29.79.200. 97-21-045, recodified as § 434-262-070, filed 10/13/97, effective 11/13/97. Statutory Authority: RCW 29.04.080. 80-15-008 (Order 80-3), § 434-62-070, filed 10/3/80.