Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
Chapter 434-230 - Ballots
Section 434-230-035 - Office format
Current through Register Vol. 22-12, June 15, 2022
(1) The name of each office must be printed on the ballot.
(2) The description "partisan office" must be printed either for each partisan office or as a heading above a group of partisan offices. The description "nonpartisan office" must be printed either for each office or as a heading above a group of nonpartisan offices.
(3) If the term of office is not a full term, a description of the term (e.g., short/full term, two-year unexpired term) must be printed with the office name.
(4) Following each list of candidates shall be a response position and a space for writing in the name of a candidate.
(5) Each office or position must be separated by a bold line.
(6) On a general election ballot in a year that president and vice-president are elected, each political party's candidates for president and vice-president shall be provided one vote response position for that party.
Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611. 08-15-052, § 434-230-035, filed 7/11/08, effective 8/11/08.