Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
434-663 - Imaging systems, standards for accuracy and durability.
434-663-705 - Recordkeeping capabilities.
Electronic imaging systems must have the following security and retention features or capabilities:
(1) Tracking information at the records series level.
(2) Ability to properly eliminate or dispose of records that exceed their retention periods as established under RCW 40.14.050 through 40.14.070.
(3) Record authentication functions as needed to meet legal, audit, and administrative requirements including automatic, computer-generated maintenance of the date and time of record creation or updating, the identity of the user or system that created or updated the record, and a system-enforced log of disposition actions.
(4) Protection against unauthorized access to records by means of a password hierarchy or other system security.
(5) Indexing capabilities that provide flexibility in associating a record series with multiple subject categories, that facilitate access and retrieval, and that provide links to related records or supporting documentation.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 40.14.020(6). WSR 00-20-038, § 434-663-705, filed 9/28/00, effective 10/29/00.]