Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
434-663 - Imaging systems, standards for accuracy and durability.
434-663-530 - System documentation.
Detailed technical documentation is needed to facilitate future system access. Minimum documentation must include:
(1) A hardware systems administrator manual specifying hardware, cabling, and communications configurations;
(2) Software applications documentation, including user manuals and design documentation;
(3) Operational procedures for scanning, indexing and verifying images;
(4) Current security and system change control procedures, including logs of those changes, indicating the date, identity of the person making the changes and the reason for the change; and
(5) Written procedures for periodic back ups, including schedules and the location of secure offsite storage for those back ups.
Agencies will maintain one copy of current documentation on-site and one current copy in designated secure storage.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 40.14.020(6). WSR 00-20-038, § 434-663-530, filed 9/28/00, effective 10/29/00. Statutory Authority: Chapter 40.14 RCW. WSR 94-04-102, § 434-663-530, filed 2/1/94, effective 3/7/94.]