Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
434-261 - Counting center procedures.
434-261-125 - Free access system for provisional ballots.
Free access system for provisional ballots.
(1) Each county shall establish a free access system, as required by the Help America Vote Act, 42 U.S.C. sec. 15482 (a)(5), and RCW 29A.60.195 for provisional ballot voters.
(2) The free access system must employ measures to ensure that access is free of cost to the voter and restricted to the individual who cast the ballot, and that the voter's personal information is secure and confidential.
(3) For provisional ballots sent to other counties in the state, the free access system must provide the voter with information as to where the ballot was sent and how to find out if the ballot was counted in that county.
(4) For ballots received from another county, the free access system must provide the voter with information as to whether the ballot was counted and, if not, why. The county may send instructions to the voter on how to access the information.
(5) Provisional ballot disposition information must be available on a county's free access system no later than one week following certification of the election.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611, 29A.04.620, and 29A.04.630. WSR 11-24-064, § 434-261-125, filed 12/6/11, effective 1/6/12.]