Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
434-250 - Elections by mail.
434-250-130 - Maintenance of an audit trail.
Maintenance of an audit trail.
Each county auditor shall maintain an audit trail with respect to the processing of ballots, which shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
(1) A record of the date the ballot was mailed or issued, and the date the ballot was received;
(2) The number of ballots issued and returned by precinct;
(3) A record of the disposition of each request for a ballot that was not honored;
(4) A record of the disposition of each returned ballot that was not counted;
(5) A record of the time and place each time the county canvassing board met; and
(6) Documentation of the security procedures undertaken to protect the integrity of all ballots after receipt, including the seal numbers used to secure the ballots during all facets of the process.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611. WSR 17-12-090, § 434-250-130, filed 6/6/17, effective 7/7/17. Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611, 29A.04.620, and 29A.04.630. WSR 11-24-064, § 434-250-130, filed 12/6/11, effective 1/6/12. Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611. WSR 07-12-032, § 434-250-130, filed 5/30/07, effective 6/30/07; WSR 05-17-145, § 434-250-130, filed 8/19/05, effective 9/19/05.]