Washington Administrative Code
Title 434 - Secretary of State
434-219 - Presidential primary.
434-219-120 - Certification of candidates.
Certification of candidates.
(1) Per chapter 29A.56 RCW (section 2, chapter 7, Laws of 2019), the party chair for each major party must provide that party's official list of candidates to the secretary of state no later than sixty-three days prior to the primary. This list must include the full name of each candidate, the form of the candidate's name as it will appear on the ballot and a signature of the party chair certifying the list as the official party candidates.
(2) Per RCW 29A.56.040(4) each major party may request that the ballot for that party include a response position allowing the voter to indicate the voter's preference for having delegates to the party's national convention remain uncommitted.
(3) Immediately following the receipt of each major party's official list of candidates, the secretary of state shall certify to the county auditors the final list of candidates who will appear on the presidential primary ballot and a response position for uncommitted if requested by either party.
(4) Per chapter 29A.56 RCW (section 2, chapter 7, Laws of 2019), if a major party chooses to accept votes for write-in candidates in the primary, the party chair for that major party must provide that party's official list of write-in candidates no later than the seventh day prior to the primary. This list must include the full name of each write-in candidate, and a signature of the party chair certifying the list as the official party write-in candidates.
(5) Immediately following the last day for major political parties to submit write-in candidates, the secretary of state shall certify to the county auditors the final list of official write-in candidates to be counted for each party for the presidential primary.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 29A.04.611. WSR 19-20-115, § 434-219-120, filed 10/2/19, effective 11/2/19; WSR 15-24-001, § 434-219-120, filed 11/18/15, effective 12/19/15; WSR 07-24-044, § 434-219-120, filed 11/30/07, effective 12/31/07. Statutory Authority: RCW 29.19.070. WSR 00-03-003, § 434-219-120, filed 1/6/00, effective 2/6/00; WSR 96-03-141, recodified as § 434-219-120, filed 1/24/96, effective 2/24/96; WSR 91-18-012, § 434-75-120, filed 8/26/91, effective 9/26/91.]