Washington Administrative Code
Title 30 - Arts Commission
Chapter 30-41 - Poet laureate program
30-41-020 - Procedures
(1) The process for selecting a poet laureate is managed pursuant to WAC 30-12-017 (Applications) and WAC 30-12-030 (Panels), unless otherwise noted in this section.
(2) A member of the staff serves on the panel, which may also include representatives of the board, the Washington state library, the education community, the Washington commission for the humanities, publishing, and the community of Washington poets.
(3) The panel establishes review criteria to be used for the selection of a poet laureate. Competition frequency, and application forms and guidelines shall be established and published by staff.
(4) The board shall review the panel's recommendations and advise the governor of its decisions. The governor has final approval authority.
(5) Following the governor's approval of the poet laureate, staff shall inform the board and the appointee.
(6) If the governor fails to approve the appointee, the commission shall restart the application process.
Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.46 RCW. 10-23-102, § 30-41-020, filed 11/16/10, effective 12/17/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.46.040 and 43.46.081. 10-02-089, § 30-41-020, filed 1/6/10, effective 2/6/10.