Washington Administrative Code
Title 30 - Arts Commission
30-12 - General rules.
30-12-030 - Panels.
(1) Staff convenes panels. The executive director authorizes panels to serve.
(2) Panels may include members of the public, commissioners, and staff and will be three to seven members.
(a) Selected panelists will represent a balance of expertise, demographic composition, and diverse cultural communities.
(b) Reimbursement for members of the public who serve as panelists may include a stipend and/or travel and lodging expenses. Reimbursement for commissioners who serve as panelists may include travel and lodging expenses. Staff are not compensated for panel service.
(3) Staff provide panel members an orientation that includes conflict of interest rules pursuant to WAC 30-12-035 (Conflict of interest in panels and program committees).
(4) Panel members evaluate applications and nominations objectively, using critical judgment and expertise, and making final recommendations based on the published review criteria.
(5) The record of the panel process includes the names and qualifications of the panel members; panel orientation materials; declared conflicts of interest or recusals; scoring records; and the panel's recommendations.
(6) Panels may refrain from scoring an application or nomination if they find there is insufficient information to make a fair and objective recommendation.
(7) All panel recommendations are subject to the review and approval or ratification of the board.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 43.46.040. WSR 19-07-001, § 30-12-030, filed 3/6/19, effective 4/6/19. Statutory Authority: Chapter 43.46 RCW. WSR 10-23-102, § 30-12-030, filed 11/16/10, effective 12/17/10. Statutory Authority: RCW 43.46.040. WSR 95-15-040, § 30-12-030, filed 7/12/95, effective 8/12/95; WSR 86-08-072 (Order 1, Resolution No. 86-1), § 30-12-030, filed 4/1/86.]