Washington Administrative Code
Title 25 - Archaeology and Historic Preservation, Department of
25-50 - Washington state main street program.
25-50-070 - Administrative appeals.
(1) An applicant for or holder of main street community status issued under this chapter may request a hearing to contest a denial of application for main street community status under WAC 25-50-050, or a withdrawal of main street community status under WAC 25-50-060.
(2) A request for a hearing shall be made by filing a written application for adjudicative proceeding with the department at the following address: Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation, P.O. Box 48343, Olympia, WA 98504-8343. The application must be received by the department within twenty-one calendar days of the date of service of the notice of the denial, or withdrawal.
(3) When the department receives an application for adjudicative proceeding, it will immediately notify the director of its receipt and provide the director with a copy of the application and the notice or document being appealed. The director thereupon will designate a presiding officer as follows: The director will designate as presiding officer an administrative law judge assigned by the office of administrative hearings under chapter 34.12 RCW.
(4) Upon being designated, the presiding officer shall notify the requestor and the director of his or her name and business address and provide any other information required by chapters 34.05 RCW, 10-08 WAC, or this chapter.
(5) Upon receiving the notice required in subsection (4) of this section, the director shall immediately transmit to the presiding officer the application, together with any accompanying documents provided by the requester, and a copy of the notice or other document being appealed.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 27.34.220, 27.53.140, and 43.21C.120. WSR 16-21-003, § 25-50-070, filed 10/6/16, effective 1/1/17.]