Washington Administrative Code
Title 25 - Archaeology and Historic Preservation, Department of
25-50 - Washington state main street program.
25-50-040 - Main street program—Eligibility criteria.
Main street program—Eligibility criteria.
Each application for designation as a Washington main street community shall include information demonstrating that the applicant meets the following criteria:
(1) Has obtained and will maintain status as an independent, recognized 501 (c)(3) or (c)(6) nonprofit organization with the sole mission of revitalizing a historic downtown commercial district.
(2) Has developed and will maintain a comprehensive downtown revitalization strategy based on the National Main Street Center's Main Street Approach® structure. This shall include implementing a balance of activities in the areas of organization, promotion, design, and economic vitality. This shall also include having an appropriate vision statement, mission statement, goals, objectives, activities, budget and a comprehensive annual work plan adopted by the organization.
(3) Based on population of the local jurisdiction, maintain a minimum level of staffing to achieve the eligible organization's mission, goals and annual work plan. The jurisdiction's population shall be determined by the most recent census from the United States Census Bureau in one of the three following categories:
(a) Jurisdiction population of 0-2500: Part-time, volunteer executive director.
(b) Jurisdiction population of 2501-5000: Half-time, paid executive director.
(c) Jurisdiction population over 5001: Full-time, paid executive director.
(4) Maintain the eligible organization's program boundaries/primary focus area on the historic downtown commercial core. To meet this criteria, it shall be demonstrated that at least fifty percent of buildings/structures within the eligible organization's defined geographic boundaries must be fifty years of age or older.
(5) Maintain an active volunteer board of directors representing downtown stakeholders to oversee the organization.
[Statutory Authority: RCW 27.34.220, 27.53.140, and 43.21C.120. WSR 16-21-003, § 25-50-040, filed 10/6/16, effective 1/1/17.]