Utah Administrative Code
Title R392 - Disease Control and Prevention, Environmental Services.
Rule R392-302 - Design, Construction and Operation of Public Pools.
R392-302-32 - Special Purpose Pools: Wading Pools.
(1) Wading pools must meet all applicable requirements of all Sections of R392-302 in addition to those of this Section as they apply to special design features and uses of wading pools.
(a) Wading pool projects require consultation with the local health department having jurisdiction.
(2) Wading pools shall be separated from other pools. Wading pools may not share common circulation, filtration, or chemical treatment systems, or walls.
(3) A wading pool may not exceed a maximum water depth of 2 feet, 60.96 centimeters.
(4) The deck of a wading pool may be included as part of adjacent pool decks.
(5) A wading pool must have a minimum of one turnover per hour and have a separate circulation system.
(6) A wading pool that utilizes wall inlets shall have a minimum of two equally spaced inlets around its perimeter at a minimum of one in each 20 feet, 6.10 meters, or fraction thereof.
(7) A wading pool shall have drainage to waste through a quick opening valve to facilitate emptying the wading pool should accidental bowel discharge or other contamination occur.