Utah Administrative Code
Title R392 - Disease Control and Prevention, Environmental Services.
Rule R392-302 - Design, Construction and Operation of Public Pools.
R392-302-3 - General Requirements.
(1) This rule does not require a construction change in any portion of a public pool facility if the facility was installed and in compliance with law in effect at the time the facility was installed, except as specifically provided otherwise in this rule. However if the Executive Director or the Local Health Officer determines that any facility is dangerous, unsafe, unsanitary, or a nuisance or menace to life, health or property, the Executive Director or the Local Health Officer may order construction changes consistent with the requirements of this rule to existing facilities.
(2) This rule does not regulate any private residential pool. A private residential pool that is used for swimming instruction purposes shall not be regulated as a public pool.
(3) This rule does not regulate any body of water larger than 30,000 square feet, 2,787.1 square meters, and for which the design purpose is not swimming, wading, bathing, diving, a water slide splash pool, or children's water play activities.
(4) This rule does not regulate float tanks.
(5) All public pools shall meet the requirements of this rule unless otherwise specified in R392-302.