Utah Administrative Code
Title R392 - Disease Control and Prevention, Environmental Services.
Rule R392-302 - Design, Construction and Operation of Public Pools.
R392-302-24 - Dressing Rooms.
(1) The operator shall maintain all areas and fixtures within dressing rooms in an operable, clean and sanitary condition.
(2) Where dressing rooms are provided, a separate dressing room must be provided for each gender. The entrances and exits must be designed to break the line of sight into the dressing areas from other locations.
(3) Dressing rooms must be constructed of materials that have smooth, non-slip surfaces, and are impervious to moisture.
(4) Floors must slope to a drain and be constructed to prevent accumulation of water.
(5) Carpeting may not be installed on dressing room floors.
(6) Junctions between walls and floors must be coved.
(7) Partitions between dressing cubicles must be raised at least 10 inches, 25.4 centimeters, above the floor or must be placed on continuous raised masonry or concrete bases at least 4 inches, 10.16 centimeters, high.
(8) Lockers must be set either on solid masonry bases 4 inches, 10.16 centimeters, high or on legs elevating the bottom locker at least 10 inches, 25.4 centimeters, above the floor.
(a) Lockers must have louvers for ventilation.
(9) At least one covered waste receptacle must be provided in each dressing room.