Utah Administrative Code
Title R392 - Disease Control and Prevention, Environmental Services.
Rule R392-300 - Recreation Camp Sanitation.
R392-300-7 - Required Plumbing - Modern Camps.
(1) The minimum plumbing fixtures to be provided for modern camps shall be based on 50 percent of the total number of occupants being male and 50 percent being female, except where the camp is used exclusively by one gender, and shall be calculated from Table I.
(a) Showers and sinks shall be provided with hot and cold potable water.
TABLE I Required Minimum Plumbing Fixtures For Modern Camps Plumbing Fixtures Ratio of Plumbing Fixtures For Number of Camp Occupants Males Females Both Sexes Toilets 1:40* 1:25* -- Sinks 1:35* 1:35* Showers 1:35* 1:35* Drinking Fountains -- -- 1:300* Service Sink -- -- 1 per service building Potable Water Faucet -- -- 1 per service building *Or fraction thereof
(2) Sinks shall be located either in the same room as toilets, or immediately adjacent to the service building.
(3) Urinals may be substituted for up to half of the required number of toilets for males, provided the urinal is installed in addition to a toilet at the same location.
(4) Service buildings shall be located not less than 15 feet and not more than 300 feet from any living and camping spaces served, unless integrated into a permanent building at a modern camp.
(5) Soap and toilet tissue in suitable dispensers and waste receptacles with lids shall be provided in each service building.
(6) Clean individual disposable towels shall be provided at each sink. Alternate hand drying methods approved by the local health officer may be substituted for individual disposable towels.
(7) The operator shall maintain each service building in a clean and sanitary condition.