Utah Administrative Code
Title R392 - Disease Control and Prevention, Environmental Services.
Rule R392-300 - Recreation Camp Sanitation.
R392-300-6 - Wastewater Disposal Requirements.
(1) The operator shall make sewer service available to any modern camp or semi-developed camp.
(2) Sewer systems for use by camp occupants shall be designed, installed, and operated according to the requirements set forth by:
(a) Plumbing Code;
(b) The Utah Department of Environmental Quality, Division of Water Quality under Title R317; and
(c) local health department regulations.
(3) All wastewater shall be discharged to a public sanitary sewer system whenever practicable.
(a) Where connection to a public sewer is not practicable, wastewater shall be discharged into an approved wastewater disposal system meeting the requirements of Title R317, Environmental Quality, Water Quality, and local health department regulations.
(b) The operator shall submit all required plans for the construction or alteration of a wastewater disposal system in accordance with Title R317 prior to commencing construction or alteration.
(4) Sanitary vault privies or earthen pit privies shall be located, constructed, and maintained according to the requirements of Rule R317-560 and local health department regulation in such a manner that:
(a) users do not contact waste matter deposited;
(b) access to the privy interior or vault is minimized for flies, insects, rats, and other animals;
(c) surface or ground water cannot enter the vault or pit, either as runoff or as flood water;
(d) the waste material in the privy cannot contaminate a water supply, stream, or body of water; and
(e) odors are minimized both inside and outside the privy structure.
(5) The operator shall take measures to ensure that campers do not defecate or urinate or otherwise dispose of human waste except at designated privies or toilet facilities.