South Dakota Administrative Rules
44:20 - COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL
Chapter 44:20:02 - Reporting and surveillance.
44:20:02:06 - Methods of reporting
44:20:02:06. Methods of reporting. A reportable disease or condition must be reported by either telephone, mail, facsimile, website, or courier as follows:
(1) By telephone, a person may dial 1-800-592-1861 and provide the information required in § 44:20:02:05 to an authorized department representative;
(2) By mail, a person must place the report in a sealed envelope addressed to the department, attention: Office of Disease Prevention, and marked "Confidential Disease or Condition Report" on the outside of the envelope;
(3) By courier, a person must have the report delivered to the department in a sealed envelope addressed to Office of Disease Prevention and marked "Confidential Disease or Condition Report" on the outside of the envelope;
(4) By facsimile, a person must dial 605-773-5509;
(5) By the secure, confidential website at sd.gov/diseasereport; or
(6) By electronic report, an electronic transmission to a secure application server by authorized medical and laboratory reporters.
Source: 20 SDR 69, effective November 17, 1993; 28 SDR 92, effective December 30, 2001; 30 SDR 89, effective December 7, 2003; 33 SDR 106, effective December 26, 2006; 38 SDR 8, effective August 1, 2011; 45 SDR 83, effective December 17, 2018.
General Authority: SDCL 34-1-17, 34-22-9, 34-22-12, 34-23-13.
Law Implemented: SDCL 34-22-9, 34-22-12, 34-23-13.
Note: For purposes of this section, the department's address is:
South Dakota Department of Health
Office of Disease Prevention
Attn: Disease Surveillance
615 East 4th Street
Pierre, South Dakota 57501-1700