South Dakota Administrative Rules
44:20 - COMMUNICABLE DISEASE CONTROL
Chapter 44:20:02 - Reporting and surveillance.
44:20:02:05 - Contents of reports
44:20:02:05. Contents of reports. Reportable disease and condition reports made pursuant to this article must include the following or as much of the following as is known to the person making the report:
(1) The disease or condition diagnosed or suspected;
(2) The case's or carrier's name, age, date of birth, sex, race, address, and occupation;
(3) The date of onset or diagnosis of illness and whether the person is hospitalized and, if so, where;
(4) Any pertinent laboratory results;
(5) Public health measures given;
(6) The name and address of the attending physician; and
(7) The name and telephone number of the person making the report.
If the reportable disease or condition is an epidemic or outbreak, the report must also include the diagnosis or principal symptoms, the approximate number of cases, the place or community within which the cases occurred or are occurring, and the name and telephone number of the reporting physician or person. In addition to the information required by this section, the department may request the attending physician or a designee to complete a surveillance form provided by the department.
Source: 20 SDR 69, effective November 17, 1993; 28 SDR 92, effective December 20, 2001; 38 SDR 8, effective August 1, 2011.
General Authority: SDCL 34-1-17, 34-22-9, 34-22-12, 34-23-13.
Law Implemented: SDCL 34-22-9, 34-22-12, 34-23-13.