South Dakota Administrative Rules
44:09 - PUBLIC HEALTH STATISTICS
Chapter 44:09:05 - Amendment of records.
44:09:05:09 - Method of amending certificates
44:09:05:09. Method of amending certificates. The Department of Health may amend a vital record in the following manner:
(1) Completing the item in any case where the item was left blank on the existing certificate;
(2) Drawing a single line through the item to be amended and inserting the correct data. The line drawn through the original entry must not obliterate the entry;
(3) Changing a record maintained in an electronic file. The date of the amendment must be made a part of the record and the original information must also be retained;
(4) Creating a new certificate when so ordered by a court of competent jurisdiction. The certificate may not be marked as amended; or
(5) Preparing a new certificate showing the correct information when the state registrar considers that the nature of the amendment so requires.
Source: SL 1975, ch 16, § 1; 6 SDR 93, effective July 1, 1980; 26 SDR 89, effective January 9, 2000.
General Authority:SDCL 34-25-51.
Law Implemented:SDCL 34-25-51.