South Dakota Administrative Rules
10:09 - HIGH PERFORMANCE BUILDING DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
Chapter 10:09:02 - State building project certifications.
10:09:02:01 - State building project certifications
10:09:02:01. State building project certifications. The following steps must be taken to certify a project as a high performance building:
(1) The OSE shall designate the high performance building standard to be used on the project;
(2) The owner shall submit the owner's project requirements to the OSE and A/E during the programming phase;
(3) The A/E, at the request of the OSE shall complete and present an approved high performance building standard checklist to the owner and OSE;
(4) The A/E shall submit the initial basis of design to the owner and OSE no later than the completion of the schematic design phase;
(5) The A/E shall submit an OSE approved energy model to the owner before completion of the design development phase verifying the required energy optimization performance credits are achievable;
(6) The owner, OSE, A/E, commissioning team, and building contractor shall complete all the procedural requirements designated in the standard in the time frame required;
(7) A copy of the original building certification document must be submitted to the OSE within 90 days of certification;
(8) OSE shall keep the building certification document on file for the lifetime of the building; and
(9) A copy of the building certificate may be kept on file by the owner.
Source: 34 SDR 323, effective July 3, 2008; 41 SDR 218, effective June 30, 2015.
General Authority: SDCL 5-14-38.
Law Implemented: SDCL 5-14-38.