South Carolina Code of Regulations
89-170 - Departmental Procedure for Granting a Permit.

Universal Citation: SC Code Regs 89-170

89-170. Departmental Procedure for Granting a Permit.

A. When the Department receives the Application for a Mining Permit, it shall advertise the applicant's intent to mine.

B. The Department may refer copies of the Application for a Mining Permit to the State Water Resources Commission, Department of Health and Environmental Control, Wildlife and Marine Resources Department, Coastal Council, Department of Archives and History, Institute of Archeology and Anthropology, Department of Highways and Public Transportation, appropriate County Council or County Administrator's office, appropriate town or municipal government office or other state or local agencies for review and comment. The Department may request the assistance of other state agencies or local agencies in evaluating the application and the reclamation plan or in developing the terms and conditions.

C. Within sixty days from the time the completed application for a permit is filed, the Department shall approve, approve with stated modifications, or disapprove the application.

D. Upon approval of the application, the Department shall:

(1) Set the amount of bond required;

(2) Notify the applicant in writing of:

(a) The date of approval;

(b) The amount of bond required;

(c) The date by which bond must be posted, and;

(d) The terms and conditions of the permit.

(3) Send a copy of the approved Reclamation Plan to the local Soil and Water Conservation District.

E. The operator shall have sixty days following the mailing of such notification in which to post the required bond.

F. When the Department receives and approves the required performance bond, it shall issue the permit.

Disclaimer: These regulations may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.