South Carolina Code of Regulations
Chapter 79 - DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, LICENSING AND REGULATION- MANUFACTURED HOUSING BOARD
79-16 - Handling of Funds
79-16. Handling of Funds
A. All monies received by a salesperson or multi-lot salesperson in connection with the sale of a manufactured home shall be immediately delivered to the retail dealer.
B. A salesperson or multi-lot salesperson shall not commingle monies or any other valuables belonging to others which have come into the salesperson's or multi-lot salesperson's possession as a result of the sale of a manufactured home.
C. A retail dealer shall maintain in the retail dealer office a complete record of all monies received as a result of the sale or offer of sale of a manufactured home including:
(1) the amount of deposit/down payment;
(2) from whom the money was received;
(3) date or dates of receipt;
(4) date of deposit;
(5) make and serial number of manufactured home involved in the transaction; and
(6) when a transaction has been completed, whether or not a manufactured home was sold, the final disposition of the monies, except those monies related to sales commissions and profit by the dealer.(Added by State Register Volume 29, Issue No. 2, eff February 25, 2005.)