South Carolina Code of Regulations
Chapter 79 - DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, LICENSING AND REGULATION-- MANUFACTURED HOUSING BOARD
79-6 - License Renewal.
79-6. License Renewal.
(A) Penalty for failure on the part of the applicant to file a renewal application shall be as follows:
(1) A late fee will be assessed for applications received after the end of the renewal period.
(2) If a licensee fails to renew within six months the applicant/authorized official is required to qualify as a new applicant.
(B) Continuation in business without proper license will be deemed a violation of the Act.
(C) All license renewals must be accompanies by a current criminal background check, and verification that the applicant has obtained the required continuing education with the exception of manufacturers.
(D) Continuing Education
(1) To qualify for registration renewal, a registrant must accumulate a minimum of three (3) hours of continuing education per year. One (1) hour of continuing education shall be awarded for each hour of active participation in continuing education approved by the Board.
(a) Providers shall provide a course outline for review by the Board before approval. Approval of a course shall be valid for two years, after which the course must be resubmitted to the Board.
(2) Continuing education classes must concern South Carolina or federal laws, regulations and judicial decisions that affect the sale, installation or repair of manufactured homes.
(3) If the first period of registration is less than twenty-four (24) months, continuing education required for the first registration renewal must be based on the following:
(a) For registrations issued twelve (12) or less months before expiration, no hours.
(b) For registrations issued more than twelve (12) months before expiration, three (3) hours.
HISTORY: Added by State Register Volume 29, Issue No. 2, eff February 25, 2005. Amended by SCSR42-5 Doc. No. 4798, eff May 25, 2018.