South Carolina Code of Regulations
Chapter 28 - DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
28-80 - Motor Club Certificate of Authority.
28-80. Motor Club Certificate of Authority.
(Statutory Authority: 1976 Code Sections 39-61-10 et seq., Particularly Section 39-61-160)
Definitions shall be those contained in the South Carolina Motor Club Services Act, S.C. Code Ann. S. 39-61-10 et seq. (1976 as amended).
B. CERTIFICATES OF AUTHORITY
(1) All organizations wishing to provide motor club services in this State must first obtain a Certificate of Authority from the Administrator. Initial applications for the Certificates shall be made on a form prescribed by the Administrator.
(2) Certificates of Authority expire on October 31. The renewal period will be between September 1 and October 31 of each year. Renewal applications shall be made on a form prescribed by the Administrator and must be accompanied by a copy of the club's most recent financial statement certified by two principal officers of the club, or in the case of partnerships or sole proprietorships, by a partner or the proprietor.
(3) Issuance of a Certificate of Authority does not indicate approval or acceptance of the terms of any contract, agreement or other document submitted in support of the application. No organization providing motor club services shall in any way represent that it services, payment schedules or terms of membership are approved by the State or any state agency.
C. CLUB REPRESENTATIVES
(1) Club representatives must be registered with the Administrator within 30 days of the date on which they are designated as a club representative. Each representative must submit an application for registration on a form prescribed by the Administrator.
(2) Clubs shall appoint representatives and pay a non-refundable application fee for each representative appointed.
(3) A club representative's Certificate of Registration expires on April 30. The renewal period will be between March 1 and April 30 of each year. Renewal applications shall be made on forms prescribed by the Administrator.
(4) When a club representative's appointment is terminated, the club must notify the Administrator within 30 days of termination on a form prescribed by the Administrator.
HISTORY: Added by State Register Volume 9, Issue No. 6, eff June 28, 1985. Amended by State Register Volume 14, Issue No. 4, eff April 27, 1990; State Register Volume 41, Issue No. 5, Doc. No. 4708, eff May 26, 2017.