South Carolina Code of Regulations
Chapter 28 - DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS
28-7 - Definitions Applying to Rules of Practice.
28-7. Definitions Applying to Rules of Practice.
A. "Administrator" means the officer appointed by the Commission on Consumer Affairs. Where the word "Administrator" is used in these Rules it shall be deemed, when applicable, to include his representatives. (See Also R.28-8H)
B. "Applicant" is a party applying for any right or authority under the Consumer Protection Code, and includes all partners in a partnership.
C. "Code" means the South Carolina Consumer Protection Code [Title 37 of The Code of Laws of South Carolina (as amended)].
D. "Complainant" is any party who complains to the Administrator of any act or omission allegedly committed by any person subject to the Code.
E. "Defendant" is a party against whom a complaint has been filed concerning any act or omission allegedly committed in violation of the Code or of any promulgated administrative order, rule or regulation.
F. "Intervenor" is a person who has been permitted to become a party to any proceeding before the Administrator.
G. "Party" means the Administrator, any person named or admitted as a party in a proceeding before the Administrator, or any person who is aggrieved by any action taken and seeks to be admitted as a party.
H. "Person Related To" with respect to an individual means:
(1) the spouse of the individual;
(2) a brother, brother-in-law, sister, sister-in-law of the individual;
(3) an ancestor or lineal descendant of the individual or his spouse;
(4) any other relative, by blood or marriage, of the individual or his spouse who shares the same home with the individual.
I. "Person Related To" with respect to an organization means:
(1) a person directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by or under common control with the organization;
(2) an officer or director of the organization or a person performing similar functions with respect to the organization or to a person related to the organization;
(3) the spouse of a person related to the organization;
(4) a relative by blood or marriage of a person related to the organization who shares the same home with him.
J. "Petitioner" is a person seeking relief not otherwise designated.
K. "Protestant" is any party other than a complainant, defendant or respondent who opposes the granting of an application, complaint, order, petition or other authority sought under the Consumer Protection Code.
L. "Respondent" is a party against whom an investigative proceeding or an order to show cause is directed.
HISTORY: Amended by State Register Volume 17, Issue No. 2, eff February 26, 1993.