South Carolina Code of Regulations
Chapter 137 - DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, LICENSING AND REGULATION-- SOUTH CAROLINA REAL ESTATE APPRAISERS BOARD
137-600.03 - Disciplinary Actions For Appraisers, Providers and Instructors.
137-600.03. Disciplinary Actions For Appraisers, Providers and Instructors.
(A) The Board may, upon its own motion, and shall, upon the written complaint of any aggrieved person, investigate the activities of an applicant or a person permitted, licensed, or certified under this chapter and may deny, suspend, revoke, or otherwise restrict a permit, license, or certification and/or impose a public or private reprimand, other discipline, and/or a fine not to exceed two thousand dollars for each violation with a total fine not to exceed ten thousand dollars, if the Board finds an applicant, State apprentice appraiser, licensed appraiser, or certified appraiser has violated any provision of the South Carolina Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Management Companies Act or these regulations.
(B) When an appraiser has previously been sanctioned by the Board or by any other state's real estate appraiser regulatory authority, the Board may consider these prior sanctions in determining the severity of a new sanction which may be imposed upon a finding that an appraiser has violated a provision of this chapter or any of the regulations of the Board. The failure of an appraiser to comply with or to obey a final order of the Board may be cause for suspension or revocation of the individual's permit, license, or certification after opportunity for a hearing.
(C) The Board may fine and publicly or privately reprimand a provider or instructor or deny, revoke, suspend or otherwise withdraw the approval of any provider or instructor upon finding that the provider or instructor:
(1) Fails to meet the criteria for approval referenced by these Regulations or no longer meets the standards established by the Board; or
(2) Provides false or materially inaccurate information to the Board when making application for approval; or
(3) Fails to provide information requested by the Board; or
(4) Falsifies official documents or reports; or
(5) Otherwise violates or fails to satisfy the provisions of the South Carolina Real Estate Appraisers and Appraisal Management Companies Act and the regulations pertaining thereto or any other applicable professional licensing laws and regulations.
(D) Before any sanction is imposed upon a provider or instructor, the provider or instructor shall be entitled to a hearing. The hearing must be at a time and place designated by the Board and in accordance with the provisions of the applicable statutes and the Administrative Procedures Act.
HISTORY: Added by State Register Volume 19, Issue No. 6, eff June 23, 1995. Amended by State Register Volume 38, Issue No. 6, Doc. No. 4426, eff June 27, 2014; SCSR42-5 Doc. No. 4766, eff May 25, 2018.