South Carolina Code of Regulations
103-711 - Retention of Records

Universal Citation: SC Code Regs 103-711

103-711. Retention of Records

Unless otherwise specified by the commission, or by regulations or commission Orders governing specific activities, all records required by these rules shall be preserved according to the most current edition of Regulations to Govern the Preservation of Records for Electric, Gas and Water Utilities, published by the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners (NARUC). Following are certain modifications to those record retention periods:

(A) Item 30. Plant ledgers:

a. Ledgers of utility plant accounts including land and other detailed ledgers showing the cost of utility plant by class for the life of the utility.

b. Continuing plant inventory ledger, book or card records showing description, location, quantities, cost, etc. of physical units (or items) of utility plant owned - life of the utility.

(B) Item 32. Retirement work in progress ledgers, work orders and supplemental records:

a. Work order sheets to which are posted the entries for removal costs, materials recovered and credits to utility plant accounts for cost of plant retired - life of the utility.

(C) Other - Records related to a test year used in a rate adjustment proceeding shall be preserved for a period of two years after the final order in such case or throughout the period that the Order by the Public Service Commission concerning the rate adjustment may be appealed, whichever is later. The utility shall maintain beyond this two-year period sufficient records to verify and substantiate all requirements included in these rules.

(Amended by State Register Volume 31, Issue No. 5, eff May 25, 2007.)
Disclaimer: These regulations may not be the most recent version. South Carolina may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.