Pennsylvania Code
Chapter 1187 - Nursing Facility Services
Section 1187.106 - Limitations on payment during strike or disaster situations requiring resident evacuation

Universal Citation: 55 PA Code § 1187.106

§ 1187.106. Limitations on payment during strike or disaster situations requiring resident evacuation

Payment may continue to be made to a nursing facility that has temporarily transferred residents, as the result or threat of a strike or disaster situation, to the closest medical institution able to meet the residents' needs, if the institution receiving the residents is licensed and certified to provide the required services. If the nursing facility transferring the residents can demonstrate that there is no certified nursing facility available for the safe and orderly transfer of the residents, the payments may be made so long as the institution receiving the residents is certifiable and licensed to provide the services required. The resident assessment submissions for the transferring nursing facility residents shall be maintained under the transferring nursing facility provider number as long as the transferring nursing facility is receiving payment for those residents. If the nursing facility to which the residents are transferred has a different per diem rate, the transferring nursing facility shall be reimbursed at the lower rate. The per diem rate established on the date of transfer will not be adjusted during the period that the residents are temporarily transferred. The nursing facility shall immediately notify the Department in writing of an impending strike or a disaster situation and follow with a listing of MA residents and the nursing facility to which they will be or were transferred.

(See the first section of this Title for historical and other information)
Disclaimer: These regulations may not be the most recent version. Pennsylvania may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.