Oregon Administrative Rules
853 - Oregon Health Authority, Health Licensing Office, Long Term Care Administrators Board
Division 35 - RESIDENTIAL CARE ADMINISTRATOR AUTHORIZATIONS
853-035-0000 - Residential Care Facility Administrator Application Requirements
RESIDENTIAL CARE ADMINISTRATOR AUTHORIZATIONS
Residential Care Facility Administrator Application Requirements
An individual applying for a license as a residential care facility administrator must:
(1) Submit a completed application form, which must contain the information listed in OAR 331-030-0000 and be accompanied by payment of the required application fees;
(2) Submit proof of being at least 21 years old;
(3) Submit documentation of a high school diploma or its equivalent;
(4) Submit proof of:
(a) Being employed in a professional or managerial capacity in a field related to health or social service for at least two of the last five years; or
(b) Having earned at least a bachelor’s degree in a health or social-service-related field; or
(c) Having a combination of experience and education deemed sufficient by the Office.
(5) Pass an Office background check by:
(a) Submitting proof of an approved Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) background check pursuant to OAR 407-007-0200 to 407-007-0370. This background check must:
(A) Be for a professional or managerial position at a residential care facility, assisted living facility, skilled nursing facility, or nursing facility licensed by DHS; and
(B) Include a national fingerprint-based criminal records check; and
(C) Show a date of approval no more than 120 days prior to the licensure application date.
(b) Pursuant to OAR 331-030-0004, submit a fingerprint-based national criminal background check and be determined fit to hold an authorization. When determining fitness, the Office shall consider the qualifications for employment under ORS 443.004.
(6) Submit proof of having completed at least 40 hours of training pursuant to OAR 853-035-0010.
(7) Submit proof of having passed the required exam listed in OAR 853-030-0050.
(8) If applicable, submit an affidavit of licensure from any state where the individual holds or has held a license as a residential care facility administrator whether the license is active or inactive.
(9) Submit application fees and license fees.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 678.710-678.820, 2018 House Bill 4129 & ORS 678.990
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 678.710-678.820, 2018 House Bill 4129 & ORS 678.990
LTCA 1-2020, amend filed 01/28/2020, effective 02/01/2020
LTCA 1-2019, adopt filed 05/14/2019, effective 05/15/2019