Oregon Administrative Rules
813 - Oregon Housing and Community Services Department
Division 7 - MANUFACTURED DWELLING PARK
813-007-0040 - Manufactured Dwelling Park Continuing Education Requirements
MANUFACTURED DWELLING PARK
Manufactured Dwelling Park Continuing Education Requirements
(1) At least one person for each manufactured dwelling park who has authority to manage the premises of the park shall, every two years, complete four hours of continuing education satisfactory to the department relating to the management of manufactured dwelling parks. The training must be completed by personally attending classes and cannot be satisfied by remote, self-study or online training.
(2) The following apply for a person whose continuing education is required:
(a) If there is any manager or owner who lives in the park, the person completing the continuing education must be a manager or owner who lives in the park.
(b) If no manager or owner lives in the park, the person completing the continuing education must be a manager who lives outside the park, or if there is no manager, an owner of the park.
(c) A manager or owner may satisfy the continuing education requirement for more than one park that does not have a manager or owner who lives in the park.
(3) If a person becomes the manufactured dwelling park manager or owner who is responsible for completing continuing education, and the person does not have a current certificate of completion issued under 813-007-0040(4)(d), the person shall complete the continuing education requirement by taking the next regularly scheduled continuing education class or by taking a continuing education class held within 75 days.
(4) The department will ensure that:
(a) Continuing education classes are offered at least once every six months;
(b) Continuing education classes are offered by a statewide nonprofit trade association in Oregon representing manufactured housing interests and approved by the department;
(c) Continuing education classes have at least one-half of the class instruction on one or more of the provisions of ORS Chapter 90, 105.105 to 105.168, fair housing law or other law relating to landlords and tenants;
(d) Continuing education providers provide a certificate of completion to all attendees; and
(e) Continuing education providers provide the department with the following information:
(A) The name and title (owner or manager) of each person who attends a class;
(B) The name of the attendee’s manufactured dwelling park;
(C) The city or county in which the attendee’s park is located;
(D) The date of the class; and
(E) The names of the persons who taught the class.
(5) The department, a trade association or instructor is not responsible for the conduct of a manufactured dwelling park landlord, manager, owner or other person attending a continuing education class under this section. This section does not create a cause of action against the department, a trade association or instructor related to the continuing education class.
(6) The owner of a manufactured dwelling park is responsible for ensuring compliance with the continuing education requirements in this section.
Statutory/Other Authority: 2005 OL Ch. 619, Sec. 2, 3 & 4, 2009 OL Ch. 816 & 2011 OL Ch. 503 & Sec. 19
Statutes/Other Implemented: 2009 OL Ch. 816, 2011 OL Ch. 503 & 2011 OL Ch. 503 & Sec. 19
OHCS 17-2013, f. & cert. ef. 9-4-13
OHCS 2-2013(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 3-21-13 thru 9-17-13
OHCS 1-2010, f. & cert. ef. 1-7-10