Oregon Administrative Rules
584 - Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
Division 420 - STATE STANDARDS FOR LICENSURE, ENDORSEMENT AND SPECIALIZATION PROGRAMS
584-420-0640 - Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialization: Program Standards
STATE STANDARDS FOR LICENSURE, ENDORSEMENT AND SPECIALIZATION PROGRAMS
Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialization: Program Standards
(1) Candidates who are prepared for the Autism Spectrum Disorder specialization will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, professional dispositions and cultural competencies necessary to promote the academic, career, personal and social development of students with autism spectrum disorders.
(a) Content that will enable candidates to gain the knowledge, skills, abilities, professional dispositions, and cultural competencies to meet the competency standards set forth in this rule and the TSPC Program Review and Standards Handbook;
(b) Field experiences that include supervised teaching or internships in classrooms with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders; and
(c) Integration of principles of cultural competency and equitable practice in each competency standard through the entire Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialization program.
(2) Standard 1: Candidates indicate knowledge of autism spectrum disorders including development and characteristics of learners.
(3) Standard 2: Candidates demonstrate knowledge of Assessments for Development and Educational Impact on Autism Spectrum Disorder service needs.
(4) Standard 3: Candidates demonstrate knowledge of system-wide considerations.
(5) Standard 4: Candidates demonstrate knowledge of evidence-based interventions to promote focused, engaged time for learners with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
(6) Standard 5: Candidates demonstrate knowledge and skills related to training and coaching of adults serving individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
(7) Standard 6: Candidates demonstrate knowledge and skills related to professional practices for Autism Spectrum Disorder Specialists.
(8) Standard 7: Candidates demonstrate knowledge and skills related to effective collaboration with families and communities.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 342
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 342.120 – 342.430; 342.455-342.495 & 342.553
TSPC 1-2016, f. & cert. ef. 2-10-16
TSPC 13-2015(Temp), f. 11-13-15, cert. ef. 1-1-16 thru 6-28-16