Oregon Administrative Rules
584 - Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
Division 420 - STATE STANDARDS FOR LICENSURE, ENDORSEMENT AND SPECIALIZATION PROGRAMS
584-420-0610 - Adaptive Physical Education Specialization: Program Standards
STATE STANDARDS FOR LICENSURE, ENDORSEMENT AND SPECIALIZATION PROGRAMS
Adaptive Physical Education Specialization: Program Standards
(1) Candidates who are prepared for the Adaptive Physical Education specialization will demonstrate the knowledge, skills, professional dispositions and cultural competencies necessary to promote the academic, career, personal and social development of students in adaptive physical education learning environments.
(2) The Commission may provide approval to an Adaptive Physical Education Specialization program only if it includes:
(a) Content that will enable candidates to meet the competency standards set forth in this rule and the TSPC Program Review and Standards Handbook;
(b) Field experiences that include supervised teaching or internships in classrooms with adaptive physical education learners; and
(c) Integration of principles of cultural competency and equitable practice in each competency standard through the entire Adaptive Physical Education specialization program.
(3) Standard 1: Candidates demonstrate knowledge and skills related to specific teaching methodology for students with disabilities;
(4) Standard 2: Candidates demonstrate knowledge and skills related to assessment and evaluation of students with disabilities in physical education;
(5) Standard 3: Candidates demonstrate knowledge and skills related to adapting instruction, behavior management techniques in physical education for students with disabilities;
(6) Standard 4: Candidates demonstrate knowledge and skills related to utilizing community resources to improve program effectiveness.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 342
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 342.120 – 342.430; 342.455-342.495 & 342.553
TSPC 1-2016, f. & cert. ef. 2-10-16
TSPC 13-2015(Temp), f. 11-13-15, cert. ef. 1-1-16 thru 6-28-16