Oregon Administrative Rules
584 - Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
Division 20 - STANDARDS FOR COMPETENT AND ETHICAL PERFORMANCE OF OREGON EDUCATORS
584-020-0005 - Definitions
STANDARDS FOR COMPETENT AND ETHICAL PERFORMANCE OF OREGON EDUCATORS
The following definitions apply to Oregon Administrative Rules 584-020-0000 through 584-020-0045 unless otherwise indicated by context:
(1) “Abuse:” Has the meaning given that term in ORS 419B.005.
(2) "Administrator:" Any educator who holds a valid Oregon Administrative License or registration and who works in a position requiring an administrative license pursuant to OAR 584-005-0005(1).
(3) “Chief Administrator:” The executive officer of a public school district, educational service district, or public charter school, such as a superintendent, principal, or other similar title, that has the authority and responsibility for the general supervision of the operation of the education provider.
(4) "Competent:" Discharging required duties as set forth in these rules.
(5) "Educator:" Any licensed or registered, or certified person who is authorized to engage in an instructional program including teaching, counseling, school psychology, school social work, administering, and supervising.
(6) "Ethical:" Conforming to the professional standards of conduct set forth in these rules.
(7) "Good Cause:" Exists when circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Commission delay the completion of a TSPC investigation. Circumstances include, but are not limited to: criminal or civil court proceedings, law enforcement criminal investigations, and failure of an educator or school district to comply with a lawfully issued TSPC subpoena.
(8) "Sexual Conduct:" Any conduct defined by ORS 339.370(11).
(9) "Sexual harassment:" Any unwelcome conduct with an individual which includes but is not limited to sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
(a) Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of an individual's employment;
(b) Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individual; or
(c) Such conduct unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive working environment.
(10) "Teacher:" Any person who holds a teacher's license as provided in ORS 342.125.
(11) "Student:" Is an individual as defined in ORS 339.370(12).
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 342
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 342.120 & 342.175 - 342.190
TSPC 1-2020, amend filed 01/02/2020, effective 01/02/2020
TSPC 4-2017, f. 6-27-17, cert. ef. 7-1-17
TSPC 7-2007, f. & cert. ef. 12-14-07
TSPC 7-1999, f. & cert. ef. 10-8-99
TSPC 5-1999(Temp), f. & cert. ef. 8-24-99 thru 2-19-00
TSPC 8-1998, f. & cert. ef. 12-9-98
TS 1-1992, f. & cert. ef. 1-15-92
TS 7-1989, f. & cert. ef. 12-13-89
TS 2-1988, f. & cert. ef. 4-7-88
TS 1-1987, f. & ef. 3-3-87
TS 5-1979, f. 12-29-79, ef. 1-1-80