Oregon Administrative Rules
584 - Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
Division 17 - STANDARDS FOR UNIT APPROVAL
584-017-1015 - Knowledge Skills and Professional Dispositions
STANDARDS FOR UNIT APPROVAL
Knowledge Skills and Professional Dispositions
(1) Candidates preparing to work in schools as teachers or other school professionals know and demonstrate the content knowledge pedagogical content knowledge and skill, pedagogical and professional knowledge and skills, and professional dispositions necessary to help all students learn. Assessments indicate that candidates meet professional, state and institutional standards.
(2) Areas evaluated under this standard include:
(a) Content Knowledge for Teacher Candidates (Initial and Advanced Preparation);
(b) Pedagogical Content Knowledge and Skills for Teacher Candidates (Initial and Advanced Preparation);
(c) Professional and Pedagogical Knowledge and Skills for Teacher Candidates (Initial and Advanced Preparation);
(d) Student Learning for Teacher Candidates;
(e) Knowledge and Skills for Other School Professionals;
(f) Student Learning for Other School Professionals; and
(g) Professional Dispositions for All Candidates.
(3) Units will be accredited against a rubric that sets forth the following levels of achievement of the standards: Target, Acceptable, and Unacceptable. The full rubrics for each standard are found in the TSPC Professional Standards Manual adopted by the Commission. A unit is held accountable to the full set of standards contained in the TSPC Professional Standards Manual.
(4) Candidates include persons preparing to teach, teachers who are continuing their professional development, and person preparing for other professional roles in schools such as administrators and school personnel services experts.
(5) “All students” includes students with exceptionalities and of different ethnic, racial, gender, sexual orientation, language, religious, socioeconomic, and regional or geographical origins.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 342
Statutes/Other Implemented: 342.120 – 342.430, 342.455 – 342.495 & 342.553
TSPC 3-2012, f. & cert. ef. 3-9-12