Oregon Administrative Rules
584 - Teacher Standards and Practices Commission
Division 1 - PROCEDURAL RULES
584-001-0000 - Notice of Rulemaking Action
Notice of Rulemaking Action
Prior to the adoption, amendment, or repeal of any permanent rule, the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission shall give notice of the proposed adoption, amendment, or repeal:
(1) In the Secretary of State's Bulletin referred to in ORS 183.360 at least 21 days prior to the effective date of the rule.
(2) By sending a copy of the notice to legislators as specified in ORS 183.335(15) at least 49 days before the effective date of the rule.
(3) By sending a copy of the notice to persons on the Commission's mailing list established pursuant to ORS 183.335(8) and 183.341(4) at least 28 days before the effective date of the rule.
(4) Any person may request, in writing, to be included on the mailing list described in subsection (3) of this rule. The person must provide to the Commission an address, electronic or postal mail, to which the notice may be sent.
(5) The Commission may update the mailing list described in subsection (3) of this rule annually by requesting persons to confirm that they wish to remain on the mailing list. If a person does not respond to a request within 28 days of the date the Commission sends the request, the Commission may remove the person from the mailing list. Any person removed from the mailing list will be immediately returned to the mailing list, upon request, if the person provides a current address to which the notice may be sent.
Statutory/Other Authority: ORS 183 & 342
Statutes/Other Implemented: ORS 183.335 & 183.341
TSPC 9-2014, f. & cert. ef. 11-14-14
TSPC 6-2002, f. & cert. ef. 10-23-02
TSPC 5-2000, f. & cert. ef. 9-20-00
TS 9-1994, f. & cert. ef. 11-21-94
TS 3-1988, f. & cert. ef. 4-7-88
TS 1-1988, f. 1-14-88, cert. ef. 1-15-88
TS 6-1984, f. 12-27-84, ef. 1-15-85
TS 12, f. & ef. 9-29-76