Oklahoma Administrative Code
Title 435 - State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision
Chapter 40 - Registered Electrologists
Section 435:40-1-8 - Examination for electrology license
435:40-1-8. Examination for electrology license
(a) Purpose. This section on licensure examination sets out the Board's rules governing the administration, content, grading, and other procedures for examination for licensure as a registered electrologist.
(b) Frequency. The Board shall set the dates the examination is to be administered. The licensure examination shall be administered at least every 6 months.
(1) To qualify for a license, an applicant shall pass an examination in the English language which shall cover the following areas:
(A) Human Anatomy
(B) Human Physiology
(I) Electrolysis (theory and practice).
(2) The examination for licensure shall be prepared by the Committee and approved by the Board, or shall be any other form of examination prescribed by the Board.
(1) If in the judgment of the majority of the Board, the examinee obtains an average of seventy-five percent (75%) on the total examination and not less than sixty-five percent (65%) in each subject on the examination, he or she shall be entitled to receive from the Board a license to practice electrolysis for the remainder of that calendar year.
(2) Licensure examinations administered by the Board shall be graded by the Committee or by a designee of the Board.
(1) The Board shall notify each examinee of the results of the examination within seven (7) days of the grade meeting held by the Committee to determine the pass/fail status of candidates.
(2) No matter what numerical or other scoring system the Board may use in arriving at examination results, the official notice of results to applicants shall be stated in terms of "pass" or "fail" in addition to numerical scores being provided.
(f) Failures. If an applicant fails to pass the examination a maximum of three (3) times, the individual shall not be permitted to re-apply for licensure. An examination fee must accompany each examination as set by the Board.
[Source: Amended at 20 Ok Reg 983, eff 5-21-03; Amended at 31 Ok Reg 1979, eff 9-12-14]