Oklahoma Administrative Code
Title 435 - State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision
Chapter 40 - Registered Electrologists
Section 435:40-1-7 - Application procedures
435:40-1-7. Application procedures
(a) The purpose of this section is to set out the application procedures for examination and licensure as a registered electrologist.
(1) Unless otherwise indicated, the applicant shall submit all required information of credentials on forms provided by the office of the Board.
(2) The Board will not consider an application as officially submitted until the applicant pays appropriate fees established by the Board. The Board assumes no responsibility for cash remittances which are not forwarded by registered mail. Application fees, processing fees and annual renewal fees are not refundable.
(3) The applicant for licensure shall obtain and complete the application form providing evidence of age and academic requirements to be reviewed by the Committee and approved by the Board.
(4) Approved applicants will fulfill the curriculum of study and internship requirements under the direct supervision of a registered electrologist, except as provided in 40-1-6(c) above.
(5) Upon completion of the curriculum of study and internship requirements, the supervising registered electrologist shall submit to the Board a notarized completion report, except as provided in 40-1-7(b) below.
(6) Upon completion of the curriculum and internship requirements, the applicant shall be eligible for the licensure examination in electrology. The applicant shall complete the remaining portions of the application and submit the application to the Board not later than forty-five (45) days before the date of the examination. Applications for the examination may be submitted prior to completion of the internship with verification from the supervising registered electrologist that the applicant is expected to satisfactorily complete the remaining training. This does not waive the requirement for a notarized completion report as required in this section.
(7) The Board shall notify an applicant of his/her eligibility for examination at least 10 days prior to the next scheduled examination.
(b) Applicants currently licensed in another state.
(1) An applicant from another state who has met the requirements of the Registered Electrologists Act, may be issued a license by the Board under the following circumstances:
(A) The applicant must furnish an affidavit from the state regulatory agency verifying that the applicant holds a current license and is in good standing with that state;
(B) Any out-of-state preceptorship, apprenticeship or internship program must be approved by the Board. An out-of-state preceptor must provide a notarized affidavit on forms approved by the t he Board, attesting to the preceptor's credentials and the applicant's successful completion of the preceptorship, as described in 40-1-6(c). If the out-of-state preceptor is not available to provide these affidavits, notarized letters of recommendations from at least three (3) persons acceptable to the Board who can sufficiently attest to the proficiency of the applicant, as recommended by the Committee and approved by the Board, must be provided by the applicant. Acceptable reference sources may include, but are not limited to:
(i) Referring physicians
(ii) Other licensed electrologists
(iii) Professional electrology associations
(iv) Electrology instructors
(v) Electrology preceptors
(2) Applicants trained out-of-state must take and successfully complete the Oklahoma licensing examination.
(3) Applicants trained out-of-state may also be required to meet one or more of the following:
(A) Personal appearance.
(B) Additional continuing education units (CEUs).
(C) Practice under the direct supervision of a Registered Electrologist licensed in the state of Oklahoma, with the exact number of hours to be established by the Committee. The supervising Registered electrologist will provide reports to the Committee on the applicant's progress.
[Source: Amended at 13 Ok Reg 2693, eff 6-27-96; Amended at 24 Ok Reg 2712, eff 7-26-07; Amended at 24 Ok Reg 1727, eff 5-4-07 through 7-14-08 (emergency)1 ; Amended at 31 Ok Reg 1979, eff 9-12-14]
EDITOR'S NOTE: 1 This emergency action expired without being superseded by a permanent action. Upon expiration of an emergency amendatory action, the last effective permanent text is reinstated. Therefore, on 7-15-08 (after the 7-14-08 expiration of the emergency action), the text of 435:40-1-7 reverted back to the permanent text that became effective 7-26-07, as was last published in the 2007 OAC Supplement, and remained as such until amended by permanent action on 9-12-14.