Oklahoma Administrative Code
Title 435 - State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision
Chapter 40 - Registered Electrologists
Section 435:40-1-3 - Advisory committee
435:40-1-3. Advisory committee
(a) Purpose. The rules in this section shall set out the organization and administration and other general procedures governing the operation of the advisory committee.
( b) Meetings.
(1) The advisory committee shall hold a meeting at such designated date and time as may be determined by the chairman.
(2) Special meetings may be called by the chairman at such times and dates as become necessary for the transaction of advisory committee business.
(3) Meetings shall be announced and conducted under the provisions of the Oklahoma Open Meeting Law.
(c) Quorum. A quorum of the advisory committee necessary to conduct official business is two (2) members.
(d) Transaction of official business.
(1) The advisory committee may transact official business only when in a legally constituted meeting with a quorum present.
(2) The advisory committee shall not be bound in any way by any statement or action on the part of any advisory committee member except when a statement or action is in pursuance of specific instructions of the advisory committee.
(3) Advisory committee action shall require a majority vote of those members present and voting.
(e) Impartiality. Any advisory committee member who is unable to be impartial in any proceeding before the advisory committee such as that pertaining to an applicant's eligibility for licensure or a complaint against or a violation by a licensee, shall so declare his/her lack of impartiality to the advisory committee for the record and shall not participate in any advisory committee proceedings involving that individual.
(f) Attendance. The policy of the advisory committee is that members will attend regular committee meetings as scheduled.
(g) Rules of order. Roberts Rules of Order Revised shall be the basis of parliamentary decisions except where otherwise provided by these rules.
(h) Agendas. The chairman shall prepare and submit to each member of the advisory committee prior to each meeting an agenda which includes items requested by the Board or by members of the advisory committee, items required by law, old business, and other matters of Board business which have been approved by any committee member.
(j) Official records.
(1) All official records of the advisory committee including application materials, except files containing investigative information and examinations shall be open for inspection during regular office hours of the Board.
(2) A person desiring to examine official records shall be required to identify himself/herself and sign statements listing the records requested and examined.
(3) Official records may not be taken from the Board offices, however, persons may obtain photocopies of files upon written request and by paying the fees established by the Board. Payment shall be made prior to release of the records and may be made by personal check.
(1) At the first meeting of each fiscal year, the advisory committee shall elect by a majority vote of those members present, a chairman and vice-chairman.
(2) A vacancy which occurs in the office of chairman and vice-chairman may be filled by a majority vote of those members present and voting at the next advisory committee meet- ing.
(3) Absence from three regular meetings, without an acceptable reason, constitutes self-removal from the committee.
(1) The advisory committee with the approval of the Board may establish sub-committees as deemed necessary to assist the advisory committee in carrying out its duties and responsibilities.
(2) The chairman may appoint the members of the advisory committee to serve on sub-committees and may designate the sub-committee chairman.
(3) The chairman of the advisory committee may appoint non- advisory committee members to serve as sub-committee members on a consultant or voluntary basis subject to Board approval.
(4) Sub-committee chairman shall make regular reports to the advisory committee in interim written reports and/or at regular meetings, as needed.
(5) Committees and sub-committees shall direct all reports or other materials to the chairman for distribution.
(6) Sub-committees shall meet when called by the chairman of the sub-committee or when directed by the advisory committee.
[Source: Amended at 31 Ok Reg 1979, eff 9-12-14]